|PMI® Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) 21 Professional Development Units (PDU)|
|See Course Description|
Implementing IT Governance using COBIT & VAL IT | 2 Days
Learn how to use COBIT® and VAL IT like a pro! Your business will benefit when you learn in this course how to implement IT governance using COBIT®.
This 2-day classroom implementation workshop is designed for individuals who have a fundamental working knowledge of COBIT® but lack practical IT management and governance implementation experience. The course is designed for everyone who plays an active role in the implementation of COBIT®. Attendees benefit from the practical experience and knowledge provided in the course and learn about the route map for the implementation of IT governance using COBIT®.
In this workshop, candidates will learn about the objectives and principles of COBIT and will understand what COBIT can mean for an organization. Candidates benefit from a proven and standardized implementation roadmap to guide an IT governance implementation using COBIT. All the components of the route map, including scope and planning, will be discussed during the workshop.
COBIT implementation teams, process and quality consultants, IT audit professionals, and information security consultants.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
● Understand ITGI’s approach to an IT governance implementation based on the IT Governance Implementation Guide, 2nd Edition.
● Understand the implementation road map and how COBIT and Val IT support each step of the implementation.
● Scope and plan IT governance initiatives based on COBIT and Val IT.
● Assess process capability using COBIT maturity models.
● Plan improvements using control objectives and control practices.
● Create a performance measurement framework using COBIT metrics and the balanced scorecard.
● Sustain the IT governance implementation.
● Consider practical implementation factors.
● Be aware of COBIT implementation support from ISACA.
Attendees should have a detailed understanding of COBIT. Candidates to the course need to have completed the COBIT Foundation course.