|PMI® Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) 7 Professional Development Units (PDU)|
|See Course Description|
Fundamentals of Cloud Computing | 1 Day
In just one day, you’ll grasp the basic concepts of cloud computing with our lively yet informative approach. Don’t just guess and assume—truly understand what you’re doing, and embrace the benefits of cloud computing!
This 1 day, instructor led course is designed to teach students the basic concepts and terminology of cloud computing.
After establishing the definition of cloud computing, this course describes the various service delivery models of a cloud computing architecture, and the ways in which clouds can be deployed as public, private, hybrid, and community clouds. Students also learn about the security challenges that cloud deployments experience, and how these are addressed. The course also describes IBM cloud computing architecture and offerings, the IBM WebSphere CloudBurst appliance, and the IBM WebSphere Hypervisor edition software product.
This basic introductory course is designed for software architects and developers of cloud systems, as well as application and enterprise software engineers. It is also appropriate for business professionals who would like to gain a comprehensive understanding of cloud computing.
• Define cloud computing
• Describe some of the challenges to adopting a cloud architecture
• Describe key cloud computing concepts and terminology
• Describe the service delivery models in cloud computing
• Identify the Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model
• Identify the Platform as a Service (PaaS) delivery model
• Identify the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) delivery model
• List the various cloud deployment scenarios
• Describe the features of private, public, hybrid, and community clouds List some additional cloud deployment types
• Select the most appropriate deployment model based on a set of business and technical requirements
• Review the integration of security into the cloud reference model
• Describe security considerations in cloud computing Identify security options available in cloud computing Identify the top security threats to cloud computing
• Describe the architecture of IBM cloud computing and IBM cloud offerings
• Position the various vendors in the service delivery model of cloud computing
Students should be familiar with enterprise application architecture, distributed computing paradigms, and browser-based access.